Help with v-mapper:z

Hey all…back again :slight_smile: @marcmerlin trying to copy your layout…
I have total of 15 32x64 panels wired up vertical and using the v-mapper:z. I cannot get it to show the demo 0 its way off?

im using this:
sudo ./demo -D0 --led-rows=64 --led-cols=160 --led-chain=5 --led-parallel=3 --led-pixel-mapper=V-Mapper:Z --led-no-hardware-pulse

I tried swapper the ribbon cables from the card to leds but still didnt work…

Welcome pointers or help on this thanks!

I would like to just show pictures and GIF/MP4 in the end…

Pro tip: any question that says “it doesn’t work” cannot except any help :slight_smile:

What does “didn’t work” mean?
no picture?
bad layout?
other?
Need to see output :slight_smile:
If you have no output, it’s not a layout issue.

Try something like this
~/rpi-rgb-led-matrix/examples-api-use/demo --led-gpio-mapping=regular --led-rows=32 --led-cols=64 --led-row-addr-type=0 --led-chain=5 --led-show-refresh --led-slowdown-gpio=2 --led-parallel=3 --led-pwm-dither-bits=1 --led-pwm-lsb-nanoseconds=100 --led-pwm-bits=7 --led-panel-type=FM6126A -D0

If you don’t get output with that, don’t bother with the mapper yet

thanks for the reply…
i used this command and the demo is working with a bit of flickering…

sudo ./demo --led-gpio-mapping=regular --led-rows=32 --led-cols=64 --led-row-addr-type=0 --led-chain=5 --led-show-refresh --led-slowdown-gpio=2 --led-parallel=3 --led-pwm-dither-bits=1 --led-pwm-lsb-nanoseconds=100 --led-pwm-bits=7 --led-panel-type=FM6126A --led-no-hardware-pulse --led-pixel-mapper=V-Mapper:Z -D0

So thank you for the suggestion, another forum member pinged me also and helped out with the command timing…

So demo is good :slight_smile:

When i try to play a gif or avi file the colors do not match? see example of the gif i use and then the result? Same thing happens when i try a video file…

Is there something i can keep trying/changing so see if i get a better result?
here is the panel and im using a 40a power supply

Comp 1

thanks for the help/reply!

ok some progress…i used the RGB sequence and changed it to RBG…progress as i now have the yellow per the gif file. as you can see though its still not perfect…there is red on some panels only on the right?
here is the command i used:

sudo ./led-image-viewer homegif.gif --led-gpio-mapping=regular --led-rows=32 --led-cols=64 --led-row-addr-type=0 --led-chain=5 --led-show-refresh --led-slowdown-gpio=2 --led-parallel=3 --led-pwm-dither-bits=1 --led-pwm-lsb-nanoseconds=100 --led-pwm-bits=7 --led-panel-type=FM6126A --led-no-hardware-pulse --led-pixel-mapper=V-Mapper:Z --led-limit-refresh=260 -C --led-rgb-sequence RBG

how can i narrow this down? cause…thanks for the help!

and same with the demo D0 - red on the right side? all the panels are the same make/brand (same batch)

this shows the red bars on the right better. im at a loss with this. any pointers on what the red bars could be?

Yes, I have seen this before with FM6127 panels.
2 solutions I found

1. power everything down (the panels and the rPi) and start over. It means the init sequence didn’t work right and the panel is stuck in a bad color mode
  2. I can sometimes fix it by running a demo as FM6127 instead of 6126, which sends a different init/reset sequence, and then re-run my code and the panels look good then.

hey…back and did you suggestions and still the same. I also checked the connections and swapped the left & right ports/panels…as you see if on the above picture. The red then went to the left set of panels. so i tried a different RGB card and the same so it looks like a software error not hardware?

Any other suggestions here please? thanks for helping!
is there a way to reset the panels? maybe send a reset or run a program?

RESOLVED :slight_smile:

i went and checked the board documentation incase it had changed and they had.
it has a switch option on the board and this is what i changed. this removed the red bars :slight_smile:

posting here incase someone else has this :slight_smile:
learned a lot along the way :slight_smile:

oooh, the RTC switch. Sorry that it was set wrong by default. I’m surprised that it’s still there honestly, not sure how many people use the RTC feature.

always a lesson :slight_smile:
thanks for all the tips tough./…