Hardware design opinion

Hello I’m making the hardware HAT for the PI for a customised use case and so I was referencing the design from both the repo’s design file and adafruit’s design.
I’m going with the 3 full chain design as in the repo.
I’m designing it in Eagle at the moment.
Below is a schematic for the wiring:

I have question for the 74HCT24D wirings.
As you can see above, I have connected pins 1 and pin 20 to VCC and pin 19 and pin 10 to GND . This I got from Adafruit’s schematic.

I was missing the details for pin 10 and pin 20 from the repo’s schematic.
Is there a reason for that?
Can we connect those pins to VCC and GND respectively?
Also can some HW expert have a look and check if anything is missing or I did some wiring wrong? A 3rd opinion would be awesome.

Thanks

I’m not sure if there is anyone qualified here outside of Henner who hasn’t had the time to come here recently. I’d say that if the schematic doesn’t help you, you could look at the electrodragon active-3 board just to make sure.

1 Like

I couldn’t find their schematic of the active board

Hi dattasaurabh82,

I don’t know why pin 10 and 20 are missing in repo’s file, they may have been intentionally forgotten to simplify the schematic. But yes, you have to connect pin 10 to GND and 20 to VCC

I did not see any source for your VCC, you should connect it to pin 2 and/or pin 4 from Rpi connector.
Be careful pin U4.10 is not connected to GND.

were you looking for rpi-rgb-led-matrix/adapter/active-3 at master · hzeller/rpi-rgb-led-matrix · GitHub ?
(PDF has schematic)

1 Like

Hello again! :smiley:
yes there is no mention of pin 10 and 20 in the pdf.
I have, although, connected them according to my schematic and is testing now