How to Mirror the HDMI output

Hello,

Is there a way to mirror the HDMI output of the pi?

Ive tried the Adafruit tutorial by using the hardwired “Adafruit hat” pinout to my 64x32 hub75 matrix but had no luck, it doesn’t seem to want to show me anything other than 5-6 purple LEDs on the RHS of the display. Ive checked and double checked that the pinout is correct, but no luck.

my setup =

• RPi 3 B+ running fresh install of rasbian
  • 64x32 Hub 75 LED matrix display
  • patch cables from the rpi to the screen
  • follower the rpi-rgb-led-matrix pin-out for adafruit hat

at a bit of a loss now, struggling to get this project working!

If you mean displaying HDMI of the Pi on RGBPanels, no, this is not supported by this project.
First, it would costs thousands of dollars in panels and some huge video wall, 2nd, you need specialized wiring and FPGA hardware to make it happen.

Thanks for your reply Marc,

I’ve found the Adafruit tutorial that runs you through how to mirror the HDMI onto the panels and I’ve had some success in doing that today, by success I mean, the desktop is now displaying on my monitor and on the LED panels.

1 Like

what is the resolution of your LED panels? How many do you have?

The most I got is this, and I wouldn’t call it a desktop;

Hey Marc,

Im looking to use the pi as a (very) budget wireless led display in a stage production, The display will be showing mostly block colours or simple animations to add some extra effect. i dont need a huge resolution, just a way to display video.

The next step for me is to find a way of triggering a player via QLab to play the content. Do you have any suggestions?

1 Like

honestly I haven’t done this, I just generate my output as a framebuffer, and send it to the library for display.
the library can also display jpegs or videos for you.

hey Noiseboy917 can you please send me the tutorial about hot to mirror the hdmi to the led panels ? Thank you

1 Like