Discourse Help section

I think there should be a Discourse Help section. For example, I would like to edit some previous code I uploaded,. but it is not letting me do so. What is the method?

Doesn’t discourse have built in help? (didn’t look in details though).

Are you trying to edit a previous post you made that has code inside?

There is a pencil / edit button next to each post
test

Yes, I tried the pencil /edit but it is not allowing me to make the change.
test

1 Like

@jax200
Ok, it worked for me and not for you, but I have admin access so I can even edit your post if need be.
I just raised your trust level to 2, does that allow you to edit your message now?
Also, some boards (not sure about this one), do not allow you to edit a post after x number of hours or days, not sure about this one.

@marcmerlin Thanks for you help. I am able to edit now.

1 Like

Trying to run my rpi-rgb-led-matrix ppm at boot up but things like autostart, crontab , bash script, rc.local
Are not doing it.
I’m running raspian desktop on a pi 3b. I’ve successfully created a desktop shortcut that runs the led matrix but can’t get it to auto run at boot up. The path is:
/home/pi/rpi-rgb-led-matrix/led-matrix -r 32 -c 4 -D 1 test.ppm.

Can anyone help with this problem.

Has anyone had any success getting the Led Matrix display to actually start up on boot? I’ve tried just about every method but the Pi hat fails to load. It does work from a desktop shortcut after boot up.
I’m now thinking it can’t be done.
I’m seeing “failed to load hat overlay” "dterror: not a valid DFT - err-9
If you have succeeded , please tell us how you did it.

I use /etc/rc.local and added

screen -d -m -S screen ~/ArduinoOnPc-FastLED-GFX-LEDMatrix/examples/TME/Table_Mark_Estes[0-9][0-9]

This is to run in the background without hanging the boot.